Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Nothing Ever Goes As Planned



Well, it has been 21 days since my last post. I knew this was going to take forever.........My plan was to take the gas tank out, so that I could clean up underneath the car and install the suspension components a little easier. This did not happen as planned. 23 years of decay and gunk have taken easy jobs and turned them into a ALL DAY affairs. The gas tank in these things are held in with two straps bolted to the frame. Simple 30 minute job and the tank is out. How about THREE HOURS. Bolts broke...etc...etc. After the tank was out, you guessed it, I found a crack in the gas tank, nothing major, but a definent setback. So, after repairing the tank and letting it cure for several days it is leak free and has a new coat of paint. I have included a picture for your viewing. This has been my excitement with the car over the last several weeks. I have been extremely busy and have had extra things going on around the house...oh... like water heater replacements, but things are coming along and I hope to have the rear suspension improved by my next post. Until then......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ouch. that sounds like massive no fun. masochistic nearly?
our version is cutting back the raspberry patch to 12 in high stumps and digging out the 9-12 plants. they will go in the "back 40" between our yard and the neighbor who lets his dogs run wild. we hope to discourage them while giving ourselves better berry picking times!
:L

Anonymous said...

So, not only do you get a free car...but, you have the guts to whine about a little work??? I remember when you used to think that all "that" was fun...remember the Chevelle???
Well, if your reeeally tired, Marty and I can always come pick it up : )

Your Sister...(the one that gave up the "Machine")