Saturday, April 01, 2006

Went For A Drive



OK, removed another 12 pounds of the car today, for those that are not keeping track, that's 363 pounds of weight off the vehicle so far. I have a long way to go. I myself have lost 27 pounds...so....in theory that's 390 pounds the car won't carry anymore.
Exhaust is on, the car is tuned, so we went for a ride. The neighbor (he has a nice 80's Elcamino running 12.20's in the quarter mile) said when I took of the right rear tire came off the ground. The car had massive wheel hop. it looks like I will need to do some research on suspension. I did get the tires to bark in 3rd gear..so it seems the motor is running pretty strong. There is LOTS of body flex, so sub-frame connectors are next. There is also lots of engine movement, so I am going to work on a torque strap tomorrow. They cost $55.00 in most mail-order sites. I think I can do it for about $8.00. I will include a picture of one I will try to fabricate.
I have been asked by some web-surfers to list modifications done to the car so far. I'll work on this so others may duplicate the mod's or whatever they want to do with the info.

No comments: