Thursday, December 14, 2006

WINTER DIET





Well, I really don't know where to begin. It has been a while since I've turned a wrench on the Capri, but that was a little different today. Work has been crazy, working 6 days per week, then you have the holidays, and no garage. That means little time for the Capri this winter. What a difference a day makes. It was 60 degrees today!!!
I removed some weight off the car today. There was not much involved and it only took me about an hour. I removed 34 pounds off the car today by removing the rear bumper support. I have also chose the battery you see in the picture. It has a weight of 13 pounds, which is 20 pounds lighter than your typical automotive battery. Since I.... don't want to move the battery to the back of the car, this was the most logical choice, as well as the cheapest. On average it will cost you about $100 to move your battery to the rear of the car, especially if you want to remain legal at the track, per NHRA rules. The battery about $69. So, that was worth 54 pounds today. I have lots of time to read now that old man winter has set in and I am looking for ways to remove that weight. The front bumper should yield the same weight loss as the rear, but it involves a little more work and since I will be putting new fenders and stuff on the front. I figured I would do it all at once.

No comments: