Friday, March 10, 2006

Weight Is Your Enemy




It is well known in the drag racing community that for every 100 pounds you can lose off your car, you can gain .1 of a second down the track. Well as you can see by the pic, the process has started and it hasn't cost me a dime. That trash can has 83 pounds of stuff in it. I am weighing everything I take off the car and keeping track of my weight savings. So far, I have eliminated 233 pounds off the car and I have barley scratched the surface in eliminating the stuff that is not needed. Well, that's it for now. I'll post some before and after pics of the interior once I get it completed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so Paul, when you say "not needed" is that ONLY for drag-racing?
or is it extra stuff on a "normal" car too?

also, just for fun, will you write down the names of the stuff you're taking off for us car-clueless dummies?
i bet other folks would love to know what to unhook.
hey!! can i increase my gas mileage if i take stuff off like you?

L - al's asleep already, 9:30pm