Monday, January 08, 2007

I'M YOUR BIGGEST FAN...WAIT...WHAT FAN?





Well, the new year has brought some new projects. The biggest change that was made was the new water pump. The thing always had a small leak, so I went to the Summit catalog and went for a new pump....a QUALITY pump. This one is made by GMB and it has a little different design on the back of the pump, so it won't leak. Almost every older Ford I have had leaked on the bottom back of the pump. Hopefully, this one will do what it was designed to do. When I had everything off, I decided to eliminate the clutch fan and go with an electric fan. The clutch fan weighed 7 pounds. While I was at it I decided to also eliminate the belt tensioner. That thing weighed 4 pounds. I included a picture of it to show you how small it is, but it has some weight to it. That is 11 pounds that the engine doesn't have to drag around anymore. The electric fan I am looking at weighs 2 pounds, so I netted 9 pounds off this little project. Sorry for the dark photo and the shadows. I'm no professional, so get off my back.....LATER

No comments: